Tuesday 12 November 2013

Hitman (2007)




It's my understanding that the Hitman series of games are stealth-focused.  Players are supposed to use disguises, hide the bodies of those they kill, and generally do their best to avoid drawing attention to their murderous antics as they assassinate their way through the game.

So I imagine fans of the series were outraged by the movie, in which a bald Timothy Olyphant slaughters his way through 90 minutes of action scenes that start at 'over the top' and only get more and more ludicrous from there.

Fortunately, I've never played the games (I don't generally find stealth-based games fun), so I had a blast with this loud, crass, ridiculous bit of celluloid fluff.

Many movies adapted from computer games are pretty silly. This one, on the other hand, is extremely silly. Gleefully, gloriously, unrepentently silly. I'd give it two thumbs up, but I'm too busy pretending to dual-wield M60s to do so.

If you enjoy the Fast and the Furious movies and like the idea of a film where the outrageous car-based stunts are replaced by similarly over-the-top fight scenes, you should see this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment